63 Lomond Avenue
SectorsArts Education/training Health and wellbeing Race/ethnicity Volunteer development
ServicesParticipatory Arts Programmes Yoga and Mindfulness programmes Youth Social Action Programmes Mental Wellbeing Support
AudienceAdult training Children (5-15 years old) Ethnic minorities Mental health Youth (14-25 years old)
We provide in-person services in Northern Ireland (NI) and online/in-person services across the UK with a focus on intercultural community arts, youth leadership and mental wellbeing primarily for global majority (people of colour, black and Asian minority ethnic) groups. Online programmes include international participants to celebrate cultural diversity, and the value of International collaboration when empowering communities, especially youth, to address issues affecting them through the arts and civic engagement. Intercultural cohesion is facilitated by including ethnic majority groups in NI/UK to create opportunities for dialogue, artistic collaboration and civic engagement that includes everyone who is affected by racism, sectarianism and intolerance. We work with partners to support the wellbeing of vulnerable people (refugees, asylum seekers, children in care) through onsite, non-residential programmes ensuring that safe-guarding guidelines and checks are in order. Our core activities include:
A. Community arts programmes:
1. Instruction in music, visual art, poetry, creative writing, dance, performance for artistic development and expression.
2. Performance events that celebrate intercultural and International collaboration and cohesion.
3. Interdisciplinary artistic expression that addresses social injustices, particularly in under-served ethnic groups.
B. Youth Leadership:
1. Programmes to engage youth in addressing issues in their community /neighbourhood using Design Thinking.
2. Programmes to support international collaboration for youth in NI/UK to work (online) on civic engagement projects with International youth in developing
C. Mental Wellbeing:
1. Provision of mindfulness based stress reduction courses, classes retreat days.
2. Provision of services that include social support, counselling, particularly for vulnerable groups.
No content yetThis organisation doesn't have any publicly available jobs, services, news or events.
Type of OrganisationPublic Sector
- Juanita Rea