Culture Night Belfast
3-5 Commercial Court
In just 3 years Culture Night has become one of the highlights of Belfast’s cultural calendar. For one spectacular night in late September, Belfast's artists, cultural organisations and venues offer performances and free creative activities for all.
In 2012 Culture Night Belfast will take place on Friday 21 September, with the majority of events taking place during a six hour window between 4pm and 10pm. There will be hubs of activity in the Cathedral Quarter, East and West Belfast, as well as events throughout the city.
Culture Night performances and activities are contributed by participating organisations. Culture Night is organised by a small team whose role is to:
- Work with the cultural sector and local communities to involve as many people as possible
- Liaise with participants to help develop appropriate activities and organise delivery partners/venues for the event
- Develop and carry out an extensive marketing campaign to include publication and distribution of CNB brochures throughout NI and beyond, e-marketing, advertising and other promotional activities.
- Develop a press and radio campaign to highlight participating organisations and communities and their cultural output
- Provide additional event infrastructure to ensure a concentrated hub of activity.
- Liaise with police and other authorities to ensure compliance with licensing and other legal requirements and road closures.
Type of OrganisationOther
- Roisin Daley
- Patricia Freedman
- Ruby O'Rourke