Job | Temporary
Senior Youth Worker
£30,907 per annum
The Senior Youth Worker will be the lead programme worker for our EA Outdoor Learning Centre partnership. They will be responsible for the delivery and coordination of a suite of educational programmes for primary, secondary and youth groups.
- JNC & National Youth Agency recognised Professional Youth Worker Qualification.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of current issues and practices in community relations and diversity work with young people in conflicted spaces, in outdoor learning, and at least one of the following areas: schools-based youth work, citizenship education, sustainability.
- Knowledge and understanding of the revised NI curriculum, youth service curriculum as well as relevant policy frameworks including ‘Priorities for Youth’ and ‘Together Building a United Community’.
- A minimum of at least 3 years’ experience in youth work.
- Experience/proven track record in the design, delivery and evaluation of group-work based programmes involving young people in community relations and diversity work, and citizenship education.
- Demonstrable ability to work, both independently and as part of a team, with high-level organisational and project management skills to successfully prioritise and deliver quality results.
- Ability to effectively network within relevant sectors (statutory, voluntary, schools, youth, community, and outdoor education sectors) and build strong relationships that foster effective partnership and collaborative working.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with high level of IT competence.
- Ability to work within the mission, vision, ethos and values of the Corrymeela Community.
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly including evenings and weekends.
- Ability and willingness to travel across Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and United Kingdom.
- Current full driving licence (Valid for use in the UK) and access to a car on appointment. This criterion will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport which will permit the applicant to meet the requirements of the post.
- Legal status to work within the EEA.
- Satisfactory pre-employment check which will be conducted via AccessNI (Corrymeela will conduct this prior to appointment).