Economics - Part-Time Lecturer Register
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teach and actively support learning in a range of subjects and levels within a designated curriculum area in an encouraging and enthusiastic way;
- Prepare and implement schemes of work for relevant teaching programmes and build appropriate lesson plans and learning activities that deliver outstanding learning experiences;
- Prepare, deliver and manage student assessment schedules and profiles, including writing assignments and providing constructive feedback to learners where required;
- Work as a leader or member of appropriate course teams to ensure that learning is maximised and assessment is delivered to the highest possible standard;
- Design and prepare course submissions for validation purposes, including module descriptors, assessment schedules and relevant quality assurance documentation;
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment for self, students and colleagues and carrying out risk assessments as required;
- Develop and maintain an environment of learning that promotes equality of opportunity for all;
- Actively recruit new learners by marketing and promoting courses and services offered within the school studies programme, including designing publicity materials in collaboration with the Marketing Unit;
- Maintain a knowledge and skills base relevant to the post through appropriate staff development and personal reflection, including maintaining an up to date knowledge of pedagogical practice and effective approaches to learning;
- Following agreed financial and data protection procedures and policies, ensuring compliance with the College;
- Liaise with employers, Higher Educational establishments, post primary educators, awarding organisations and professional associations as and when required to promote and enhance learning and skills opportunities for all learners;
- Contributing as part of a team to careers seminars, including pre-entry advice and guidance, securing and delivering student industrial placements, carrying out assessment in the work place, and educational visits;
- Complete administrative duties relating to the post including, e.g. internal verification of student progress, marking of registers;
- Promote and support equal opportunities throughout the College;
- Contributing towards the development of a relevant and meaningful curriculum, in line with the Colleges curriculum strategy and other key strategic goals.
- To supply information, as requested, to Management within the responsibilities and remit of the post;
- To be an ambassador for Belfast Metropolitan College by positively representing the quality of service and opportunities within the College at all times;
- To contribute to the achievement of the College’s mission, values and strategic directions;
- Adhere to general standards of conduct embodied in College policies;
- To implement and embed the College’s equality and diversity policies and respond to its equality and diversity duties as they relate to all stakeholders;
- Act, if directed as fire marshal or warden;
- Carry out, if directed, the role of first aider;
Further Education is an ever changing service and all staff are expected to participate constructively in College activities and to adopt a flexible approach to their work.
Note: No job description can cover every issue that may arise within this post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties which are broadly consistent with those contained in this document. The job description will be reviewed and varied periodically by Management in the light of the business needs of the College.
The post is a Previously Controlled Activity Position as defined by the Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups NI Order 2007.
Belfast Metropolitan College is a child-care organisation and complies with the requirements of the Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Regulations
If you have any queries please call HR on 02890265370 or email [email protected]
HR Department Castlereagh Campus
For more information on this post and to access an application form please visit Belfast Metropolitan College’s website using our online recruitment portal