Your posting is archived, and is not visible to visitors
Jobs are automatically archived on the closing date and you cannot move it back to published again.
Job Title: Casual Relief Support Workers
Accountable to: Hostel Manager
Hours: Casual hours as required
Hourly Rate: £8.91 per hour to 10 p.m. Night Shift rate £9.61 per hour
Leave: Casual holiday accrual – 12.07% per hour
Location: Skainos Square, 239 Newtownards Road, Belfast
Closing Date: Thursday 11 March 2021
Applying for Post: Please send CV’s to [email protected]
Hosford is the homeless project of East Belfast Mission providing support and shelter with two services.
Homeless hostel accommodation
We have a total 26 for single men and women aged between 17- 65. Our high standard accommodation has several different options (including move on apartments) depending on the needs of our clients. We also offer 24-hour support and a support worker to help clients move to independent accommodation.
Tenancy Support Service
The service offers practical and emotional help for those living independently but encountering problems and for homeless people or those at risk of becoming homeless.
Our aim is to prevent homelessness. We do this by helping people to develop their skills and their ability to deal with everyday problems. We can visit people in their homes or in the community and our support lasts up to 2 years.
Casual Relief Support staff contribute to the general care and welfare of the service users under the direction and supervision of Support staff.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To provide shift cover for holidays, staff training/meetings and for sickness at short notice
- To assist and support the staff team in ensuring the smooth running of the hostel
- To assist in creating a homely atmosphere within the hostel
- To encourage the service users to be as independent as possible
- To contribute appropriately to the care and safety of service users of Hosford
- To be available to listen and talk to service users
- To participate in involving service users in recreational, social and life skills activities
- To accompany service users and staff, where appropriate, to locations outside the hostel
- To control access to the hostel
- To ensure that the hostel is well maintained and tidy in cooperation with service users and staff
- To maintain a record of the events that take place during the shift
- To report any untoward incidents, e.g. falls, accidents, complaints etc. to Support Staff
- To adhere to the ethos of Hosford on all matters
- To ensure adherence to all health and safety regulations and EBM policies and procedures
- To ask questions and suggest ideas that help staff to continue to provide an excellent service
- Any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post and deemed to be within the post holder’s competencies
EAST BELFAST MISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
239 Newtownards Road