Specific tasks & duties
• Supporting adults with physical disabilities to take part in group/ 1-1 activities.
• Activities may take place within Leonard Cheshire premises or within the community.
• Be familiar with the risk assessment for the role.
• Attend regular review and support meetings every 6 months.
• Positive attitude to working with disabled people
• Good interpersonal skills
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Open to learning new skills
• Willingness to attend training
• Committed to working within our aims, values, policies and procedures.
Full induction training including;
• Information on Leonard Cheshire
• Leonard Cheshire’s policies and procedures, including boundaries
• Disability rights & Communication
• Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA)
• Application form, two references, informal interview
• Access NI Disclosure