Unit T7, Dungannon Business Pk
2 Coalisland Rd
The Stronger Together Network began as an informal network of organisations who work predominantly with culturally and linguistically diverse communities. The key outcomes of the group were to increase sharing of information and identification of partnership opportunities. Seven organisations make up the consortium who currently lead the network: STEP, Chinese Welfare Association, Inter Ethnic Forum, Building Communities Resource Centre, Community Arts Partnership, African & Caribbean Support Organisation Northern Ireland, VPRS ESOL Coordination Point, Omagh Ethnic Communities Support Group and North West Migrants Forum.
In 2012, the network successfully applied for funding from the PHA (Public Health Agency) to allow the network to become more formalised and structured. There are currently over 80 members representing BME Organisations and Groups, BME individuals, Community Sector, Volunteer Sector and Public Service Sector.
The three key outcomes are to:
1. Share information and knowledge
2. Provide a useful and central shared resource to connect service providers within the sector
3. Identify new opportunities for partnership and innovation
We are doing this through a number of mediums including:
- The development of a website for service providers which will allow easy access to region specific information about upcoming events, new research, best practice resources and programs, funding opportunities and policy information
- An annual conference providing workshops and presentations on themes specific to the sector
- Weekly E-Alerts including (but not limited to) information from members about local events, program updates, call for support, and professional development opportunities
- Quarterly professional development seminars and workshops for members on topics identified as relevant to the sector
We look forward to welcoming new members to contribute to the exchange of information, research and best practice approaches. If you would like to join the Stronger Together Network or would like to recommend it to a group or individual, please complete the expression of interest form and return to the Stronger Together Network Support Worker. Membership of the Stronger Together Network is currently free of charge, click below to link to our membership area on the network website
Type of OrganisationVCSE
- Ola Sobieraj