71a, Minerstown Road
Parent Action seeks to promote and protect the human rights of children and young people with disabilities/serious long term health conditions, through the empowerment of their parents as advocates through independent advocacy, training and support.
Parent Action is a regionwide, membership organisation and registered charity in Northern Ireland (NIC102079). Parent Action supports families, parents, children and young people with disabilities and serious long term health conditions, to have their voices heard in health, social care and education services, through a number of activities;
1. Facilitated Parent to Parent support groups, run in the parent’s local communities, developing parent led action plans to deal with any issues faced by parents, children and young people.
2. Discussions and support to parents in the family home
3. Membership services which are free, and include;
- support in making connections with people and organisations which individual parents may find helpful in parenting their child with a disability/long term health condition, and their other children.
- access to a monthly e bulletin, which keeps members informed of action plans and activities of all the parent to parent support groups. Any member can become involved in any groups action plans and activities, with the agreement of that group.
- giving parents the opportunity to become involved in any of Parent Action’s grant funded projects, and to develop ideas for projects from their own experiences and apply for grant funding.
4.Training and support of parents in how to speak up more effectively on their family’s behalf, with public service providers
5.Training and support of health, social care and education professionals and teams, on how to improve the quality of their services by involving and engaging with parents, children and young people.
No contentThis organisation doesn't have any publicly available content.
Type of OrganisationVCSE
- Orla Watt