2nd Floor CAN Mezzanine Building
49-51 East Road
We do this by:
- setting and promoting the standards for fundraising (in the Code of Fundraising Practice and associated rulebooks) in consultation with the public, fundraising stakeholders and legislators
- investigating complaints from the public about fundraising, where these cannot be resolved by the charities themselves
- investigating fundraising that has caused significant public concern
- enabling people to manage their contact with charities using our Fundraising Preference Service, and
- publishing a Fundraising Directory of all organisations who have registered with us to demonstrate their commitment to best practice fundraising.
Who we regulate
From street fundraising to large-scale fundraising events, we regulate all fundraising in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- charities registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales and the Charity Commission for Northern Ireland
- exempt charities
- other organisations with entirely or predominantly charitable, philanthropic and benevolent objectives, and
- open membership (if there are members)
- a not-for-profit structure, or
- an acceptable dissolution clause (in the event that the charity ceases to operate, that any remaining assets go to a charity with similar charitable objects)
- agencies and other organisations employed by charities to raise funds for them.
Where fundraising is carried out in aid of an organisation, but without the organisation's permission, we will assess on a case-by-case basis whether any responsibility can reasonably be assigned to the charity in respect of the activity concerned.
No content yetThis organisation doesn't have any publicly available jobs, services, news or events.
Type of OrganisationPublic Sector
- Daisy Houghton