Cara Hunter MLA
Cara Hunter MLA
1 Bellhouse Lane
Cara Hunter MLA - Assembly Constituency Office Manager
TO APPLY: EMAIL YOUR CV TO [email protected]
Management of the Constituency Office and casework and providing support to the MLA as she carries out her constituency and Assembly duties.
- Day to day management of Constituency office, including administration, budgets, Assembly financial matters
- Developing and implementing office systems/procedures
- Responsibility for efficient data and file management to comply with Data Protection
- Management of constituent casework
- Responding to correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Dealing with complex queries and complaints on Member's behalf, including drafting and signing letters
- Liaising with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Attending surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
- Providing support for benefits cases wherever necessary
- Ensuring all casework is logged; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
- Management of the MLA’s diary
- Monitoring Assembly legislation and debate
- Constituency and policy event organisation
- Providing secretarial support for meetings as required
- Building relationships with business, community and other groups in the constituency
- Liaising with groups within the constituency and the general public on the Member's behalf as necessary
- Other duties as required in support of the MLA carrying out their Assembly duties
- Third level degree or 4 years relevant experience
- At least 2 years experience in a public facing office environment.
- A high standard of verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident working with benefits issues
- A good knowledge of key policy issues relating to East Derry
- Good organisational skills and capable of dealing with large workloads.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and complete tasks to a high standard at short notice.
- Comfortable with working independently as well as part of a small team.
- Experience managing casework and office administration, including finance.
- Good understanding of local political and government infrastructure
- Good IT skills including MS Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Word
- Good decision making and problem solving skills
- Further qualification in related discipline
- Experience of management role in public facing office environment
- Experience of responsibility for staff/volunteers
- Experience in casework
- Proof of previous years of experience working with benefits
- Experience working with local press
Full time, Permanent (subject to 6-month probationary period)
32 hours per week (with occasional work outside office hours and at weekends)
Located in East Derry Constituency Office & Parliament Buildings, Stormont
Salary based on experience
Application deadline: 26/01/2022 at 6pm
Expected start date: ASAP
Type of OrganisationOther
- Cara Hunter