18 - 22 Ashwin Street
CARA (Charity No. 1135610) is an independent international charity that was set up in July 2003. It works in the United Kingdom and Africa. CARA's activities include:
1. HIV/AIDS: prevention, care and support for those affected by HIV/AIDS by doing:
* Outreach: We distribute free condoms and sexual health information about HIV/AIDS and other STIs;
* Drop-in Service: Providing advice on sexual health issues and signposting to the relevant public services;
* Campaigns: Working with the communities to reduce the incidence of HIV, STIs and teenage pregnancy;
* Support Group/Discussion: prevention, care and support for those affected by HIV/AIDS and their family.
2. Health: striving to reduce premature deaths; especially, childhood death and illness;
3. Education: providing quality basic education for all, especially girls;
4. Water and sanitation: provision of clean water and adequate sanitation;
5. Protection for people affected by conflict, natural disaster and exploitation;
6. Translation & Interpretation in French, Portuguese, Somali, Kinyarwanda, Lingala, Swahili & English;
7. Legal: helping the poor to know, understand and achieve their rights;
We rely on our members and the generosity of the public in securing donations and legacies so that we can continue the work we provide.
No content yetThis organisation doesn't have any publicly available jobs, services, news or events.
Type of OrganisationVCSE
- Jean-Paul Lawrence Tampu-EY