Belfast Cognitive Therapy Centre
102 Holywood Road
BCTC was established in 1996 to help develop rigorous standards of counselling, therapy and training. BCTC is the 1st therapist training course in Northern Ireland to gain course accreditation from the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Counselling Information
BCTC was the first CBT Centre in Ireland. Staff have gained many awards in the past fifteen years and we have trained hundreds of therapists from all over Ireland.
The main aim has been to ensure standards of excellence in client care.
When you come to BCTC you should expect the following:
- Friendly, well trained, professional staff
- Greater clarity about your difficulties from the first session
- Simple, jargon free counselling/therapy
- Therapies which are proven to work worldwide
- To be taught simple skills which help you become your own therapist and prevent relapse
What is CBT?
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a straightforward, user-friendly therapy which is usually brief, unless the difficulties have begun in childhood.
CBT has been proven worldwide to be effective in the treatment of several disorders including:
- Anxiety Disorders (Panic, Phobias, OCD, Trauma, Worry, Social Anxiety)
- Depression including Post Natal Depression
- Relationship Difficulties
- Sexual Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Self-Esteem/Self confidence
- Eating Disorders
Type of OrganisationBusiness
- Nigel Peden