2 Crescent Gardens
Arts Care, founded in 1991, is a unique Arts and Health Charity based in Northern Ireland.
In partnership with Health and Social Care Trusts throughout Northern Ireland, Arts Care engages 19 Artists-in-Residence, a team of Northern Ireland ClownDoctors and many project artists who facilitate and co-ordinate participatory workshops and performances. Believing in the benefits of creativity to well-being, Arts Care makes all forms of art accessible to patients, clients, residents and staff in health and social care settings.
In recent years, research has shown that Art in health and social care can:
- Develop self-confidence and self-esteem
- Positively affect the culture of hospitals
- Improve staff and patient relationships and morale
- Improve social skills
- Help communication on many levels
- Strengthen hospital communities
- Decrease social isolation
- Enhance mental and physical health and well-being
- Develop creativity in the work place
- Improve sensory awareness and physical dexterity
- Transform a challenging period in hospital into an enjoyable experience
- Provide opportunities to develop new skills
- Enhance the environment of health and social care facilities
No contentThis organisation doesn't have any publicly available content.
Type of OrganisationVCSE
- Caitlin Lawlor
- Arts Care