Youth Worker For OUT North West Youth Project
The Rainbow Project Belfast
The OUT North West Youth Project seeks to provide 1-1 support, social and peer support groups, programmes and activities to promote health and wellbeing of LGBTQ+ young people and to prepare the young people for employment, further education or training.
The project will specifically target young LGBTQ+ people age 14-25 recruited through existing networks, youth providers, colleges, employment support services, youth organisations and using social media and online networks to engage young people to enable them to access this support. Using an LGBTQ+ affirmative model as well as safe social and peer support we aim to:
• Put young people in the lead
• Increase the health and wellbeing of participants
• Increase the employability of participants
• Increase the social connectiveness of clients
The project has four main outcomes we aim to achieve through this project:
Outcome 1: Young LGBTQ+ people their support network and communities are involved in the planning and delivery of the project.
Outcome 2: Young LGBTQ+ people involved in the project will have increased health and wellbeing.
Outcome 3: Young LGBTQ+ people engaged in the project will be more employable.
Outcome 4: Young LGBTQ+ people engaged in the project will have increased social connectivity.
· To work within and contribute to the development of a youth led model of practice
· Carry out health & wellbeing assessments with young people and develop personal development plans
· To facilitate 1-2-1 and mentoring sessions for LGBTQ+ young people
· To facilitate weekly drop-in sessions for LGBTQ+ young people
· To facilitate weekly meetings of The OUT North West youth groups
· To work alongside young people to develop and deliver personal development programmes for young LGBTQ+ people using an LGBTQ+ affirmative model
· To work alongside young people to develop and deliver health and wellbeing improvement workshops for young LGBTQ+ people
· Organise and facilitate courses and training based on the needs of young people accessing this service
· Develop and distribute promotion materials and campaigns for The OUT North West courses, training and groups
· Develop and maintain relevant partnerships with relevant community, voluntary and statutory agencies
· Deliver the outcomes of The National Lottery Community funded project
· Carry out additional duties relevant to this role and as identified by The Rainbow Project
· Attend monthly Rainbow Project staff meetings and or similar
Collate data such as monitoring and evaluation information and service delivery records using The Rainbow Project systems
Complete and submit monthly activity reports to line manager
Develop Key Performance Indicators and service specifications for the range of services provided
Attend quarterly one to one meetings for formal evaluation of activities based on developed and agreed Key Performance Indicators and service specifications
Attend monthly meetings with the Health and Wellbeing Services Team
Ensure prompt and efficient recording and timely return of travel claims, invoices, time sheets, statistical data, line management activity reports, project monitoring and evaluation reports including ad hoc written reports as requested.
Contribute to The Rainbow Projects internal and external policy development, ensuring an understanding and working knowledge of both project’s policy and procedures.
Provide regular written reports on project development, including statistics and financial issues.
Develop and maintain relationships / partnerships with key agencies, co-ordinate suitable referral pathways and provide strategic representation at working groups and committees relevant to the strategic aims of The OUT North West Project
Develop and maintain The OUT North West Project’s role within the range of local and central government strategies inspiring confidence from colleagues and service partners by your responsive, diligent and knowledgeable contribution.
Represent The OUT North West Project’s to all local partners ensuring maximum access to our services, developing excellent working relationships with referral agents and stakeholders in the lives of people of all ages, within the statutory, voluntary and community sectors.
Attend and positively contribute to Health and Wellbeing Services Team monthly meetings.
Together with members of the Health and Wellbeing Services Team effectively promote The OUT North West Project’s through presentations and meetings with interested parties at all suitable opportunities.
Support your team to forge and maintain robust working relationships with all referral agents and relevant statutory and community sector stakeholders.
The Rainbow Project requires all posts within the organisation to carry a degree of flexibility in their execution of duties in order to assist the development of the organisation. All responsibilities associated with contracted personnel will be carried out in line with the aims and objectives of the organisation and policies set out by the Board of Trustees. The above job description should not be viewed as an exhaustive list as other tasks may need to be undertaken as directed by the Line manager.
Employees will be expected to be flexible in their approach to working hours, as evening and weekend work may be necessary.
The successful candidate will be subject to a satisfactory reference and ACCESS NI checks;
The Rainbow Project reserves the right not to make an appointment for this post if it is felt that none of the candidates interviewed meet the required standard.
Closing date is 5pm on Monday 1st February 2021 with interviews due to be held the week beginning Monday 8th February 2021
We particularly encourage applications from people from a protestant community background, men (including those not assigned male at birth) and non-binary people.
Closing DateMonday / 01 February 2021 5:00pm
Foyle LGBT Centre
Orlan House, 20 Strand Road