Our expertise in textiles
Now that Bunzl Rafferty have entered a new stage of products in Textiles we thought it was best to break all the technical aspects of threadcount, GSM, Fabric types down.
So il begin with setting the scene.
You walk into beautiful a hotel room, the first thing you notice aside from the bathtub is the plush bed with its crisp white sheets. For a hotel, choosing the right linen can mean the difference between a luxury and restful night or an uncomfortable night's sleep.
So what 3 factors do you need to look out for when choosing which to buy?
The thread count of bed linen is the key thing to look out for to really determine the quality; the higher the thread count, the more luxurious the bed linen.
• 120-170: Thin sheets where the usage calls for material of a more basic nature, often found in hospitals.
• 200: A cool and light cotton mostly used in summer. Found in many hotels where the requirement is cool, crisp bed linen within a budget.
• 400: Definitely soft yet more substantial count, favoured for its cool feel and durability. This product is what you expect to find on the beds of major hotel chains worldwide.
• 600: Here is where the exclusive end of quality begins, made possible by the use of compressed air technology in the weaving process. It is a beautiful lustrous, uniform, soft and very smooth fabric.
• 800-1000: Ultimate luxury and pure indulgence with an event greater lustre and a fuller fabric to give that perfect nights sleep
THE RIGHT FABRIC
Choosing the 'right' fabric really depends on personal preference and the effect you're looking for in your hotel rooms.
Polycotton - To start with, a poly-cotton blend is just what its name suggests: a fabric that is made up of cotton and polyester fibers. The ratio varies, with 65% cotton and 35% polyester being the most common.
50/50 blends are also easily found. The blend is designed to afford the advantages of both the cotton and polyester fibers into one fabric. Polycotton would be durable, long lasting and cost effective fabric creating smoother, stronger and more compact yarn
Satin stripe - High specification polycotton range thats durabale with a smooth & silky touch. Easier to iron and quicker to druy, reducing laundering costs. our satin stripe linen is a 50/50 polycotton with a 240 threadcount blended yarn satin stripe weave.
Sateen- is weave construction that has more threads on the top surface than others, resulting in a softer look with a sheen resembling satin. Cotton sateen sheets tend to be softer than those with a percale weave so it's a matter of preference which to choose.
Once you've chosen your linen, you want to ensure it stays in good condition and lasts. Have a read through our FAQ's on caring for your textiles to get the best out of your products.
One of the many factors in creating the ultimate luxury experience for your hotel guests is the towels. Bunzl Rafferty have experience in supplying towels to hotels including leading five-star establishments. But with many towel ranges and styles to choose from, here's two vital pieces of information you need to make your decision:
Towel weight is measured in grams per square metre; the higher the GSM, the thicker/heavier the fabric. A weight lower than 500GSM will mean the towel is typically thinner and more suited for the warmer months and trips to the pool. If you're looking for a thick, soft and luxurious towel for your hotel rooms then 500GSM+ is recommended for the ultimate absorbency and comfort.
Having your brand name embroidered onto your linen adds that extra personal touch and promotes your brand image. Or alternatively, just email us and we'll get back to you with a price at our competitive corporate rates.