One week left to nominate for the Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards!
Belfast City Council’s annual Age-friendly Belfast Older Volunteer Awards are now in their 10th year, and we want to encourage as many groups, organisations and individuals to nominate their fantastic older volunteers for an Award.
The Awards recognise individuals & groups aged 60 and over, who contribute to making the city a great place to live. We are looking for older volunteers whose donation of time makes life better for others.
This year’s categories are:
- Older volunteer of the year: An individual volunteer who you feel has made an impact on or difference to your group or organisation’s work over the last year, October 2021 to September 2022.
- Longstanding volunteer: Someone who has been volunteering for 10 years or more and whose volunteering has made a huge difference to your organisation’s work or to the lives of people in the community this person is part of.
- Digital Champion/Advocate: A volunteer whose role involves supporting others to make the most of digital technology or who delivers their volunteer role online.
- Unsung Hero: Someone who may or may not be connected with a group or organisation, who makes a positive, practical difference to others in their community by improving the quality of people’s lives. Someone who deserves this title because of the things they do, big or small to make life better for people beyond their own immediate family.
- Group or team: This celebrates 2 or more volunteers who are involved in the same project, programme or service within an organisation. Through working together this team or group has made a positive difference to your community, organisation, service users or other volunteers/staff.
The Awards are an opportunity for you to recognise inspirational volunteers across groups, organisations and communities, and celebrate the difference their volunteering makes.
The nomination period runs from 19th September to 28th October, so you’ve time to think about who you want to recognise.
For more information or to request a nomination form email [email protected] or call 07747 615 867.