Higher Level Teaching Assistant Opportunity - OneSchool Global Newry Campus
OneSchool Global UK is part of the OneSchool Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefitting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning and extensive use of learning technologies.
Our small and friendly team at our Newry Campus are seeking an experienced Higher Level Teaching and care Assistant to join the team on a full time, permanent basis (TTO).This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated Specialist TA to provide 1:1 support for a SEND student currently in KS2 and assist the Learning Support Coordinator where necessary.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education and pay meticulous attention to detail.
· Have full working knowledge of relevant current policies, codes of practice and legislation
· Have experience of working with children with complex learning needs
· Have working knowledge and experience of implementing national curriculum and other relevant learning programmes and strategies
· Understand statutory frameworks relating to teaching and an understanding of SEND procedures
· Meet Higher Level Teaching Assistant standards or equivalent qualification of experience (NVQ Level 4/5)
· Be adaptable, resilient and have a desire to make a lasting difference to the lives of our students
· Be HLTA qualified / qualified Teacher
· Have Grade A*-C in GCSE Maths and English
· Be sensitive to the needs of children
· Be trustworthy and discreet maintaining confidentiality
· Be able to work constructively as part of a team. Understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
· Have specialist skills/training in curriculum or learning area e.g. bilingual, sign language, ICT
· Be a positive role model of professional practice and conduct of others
· Have experience of planning and delivering interventions and measuring impact of interventions
· Have experience working with students on a 1:1 basis
· Be willing to assist with daily intimate student care involving intermittent catherization.
· Respect and promote the schools Ethos and Values
· Be willing to utilise technology to support learners remotely where required
· To promote equality, diversity and inclusion and demonstrate this within the role, adhering to the OSG UK Equal Opportunity Policy
· Full training and support to best equip for the care and learning support required in this role.
· Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
· The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
· Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
· Supportive staff and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
· Dedicated and talented specialist employees who work together to continually build upon our high standards
· On-going CPD with support from our Teaching Training Academy- our innovative skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout OneSchool Global UK
- This 1:1 role is to support a child with a Statement of Special Educational Needs with complex physical / medical needs. The student is 10 years of age and wheelchair bound with SpinaBifida.
- Provide support for all activities of daily living including eating, drinking
- To assist in promoting the learning and personal development of the pupil to whom you are assigned
- Provide intimate care by way of daily intermittent catheterisation process.
- To enable the student to make best use of the educational opportunities available to them. Work may be carried out in the classroom or outside the main teaching area.
- To work towards pupils individualised targets as set out within the Statement, in liaison with the class teacher and LSCO
- To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for learning activities under an agreed system for supervision. This will involve joint planning with teachers, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/ groups, or short term for whole classes across all year groups in the school (Year3-13)
- Deliver specific time limited interventions in small groups or 1:1
- Monitor pupil’s progress and assessing, recording, and reporting on pupil’s achievement, progress and development will be integral to this role
- To provide learning support with the context of our Self-Directed Learning Philosophy
- To fully engage in active participation in all staff meetings and CPD
- Build positive working relationships and links with parents
- Develop links with outside agencies who are working with pupils
- Uphold and promulgate the OneSchool Global ethos within all areas of responsibility
- Contribute to, share in and promote the wider and longer-term vision of OneSchool Global
For more information about OneSchool Global UK or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn at OneSchool Global UK
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible. Application can be requested from [email protected]
Closing Date for application forms: Midday on Monday 31st January 2022
Interviews will be held week commencing: TBC
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
All Campuses within OneSchool Global UK are committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2021 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £24,000.00-£26,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday