EU Settlement Scheme - free advice across NI
Stronger Together EU Settlement Scheme Support Project.
We can help!
- Information & awareness sessions about EU Settlement Scheme
- Individual support and help with applying for Settled Status
- Specialised Immigration Advice from STEP, Law CentreNI and Children’s Law Centre
Free, local, confidential, multilingual, OISC regulated
Please contact Stronger Together on 02887750211 or [email protected] or any of our partner organizations listed below
We are excited to have now secured financial resources for regional The Stronger Together Consortium to assist EU citizens throughout N. Ireland who may have difficulty in completing the online registration to do so before the current deadline for this supported registration expires on 30 March 2020.
The collaborative support project is one of 57 applications across the UK to be awarded funding by UK Home Office to assist those unable to negotiate application without support.
Key partners in the delivery of this project include the local inter-ethnic forums and migrant support organisations at local level:
- North West Migrant Forum
- Inter- Ethnic Forum: Ballymena
- Strabane Ethnic Communities Association
- Omagh Ethnic Communities Support Group
- Community Intercultural Programme - Portadown/Craigavon
- YMCA North Down
- Building Communities Resource Centre - Ballymoney
- South Belfast Round Table
- Resurgam Trust, The Welcome Project - Lisburn
Together with the immigration and racial equality expertise of:
- STEP Migrant Rights & Law Centre
- Law Centre NI
- Children’s Law Centre
- Stronger Together Network
Bernadette McAliskey, CEO at STEP said: this will be one of the most challenging pieces of work we have collectively undertaking in ensuring equality of access for the most vulnerable. We are determined that no one will be left behind and there will be no ‘Brexit’ generation of people in N. Ireland whose rights have been diminished because they were not able to benefit from the registration process. The project will also provide employment opportunities for bilingual advisors and support workers and immigration advisors across the partner organisations.
Partner organizations will be rolling out programme of support through information and awareness sessions, one to one support and specialised immigration legal advice.
Information about the Settlement Scheme is available HERE in EU languages
Downloadable information and publicity materials to raise awareness about the Scheme and 'how to' guides are available in English HERE
- The EU Settlement Scheme will apply to all EU nationals as well as those from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland who wish to remain resident in the UK after June 30th, 2021
- EU citizens will only need to complete three key steps - prove their identity, show that that they live in the UK, and declare any criminal convictions. The scheme is simple and free to use. More than 750,000 people have already applied.
- The deadline for applying in a deal will be June 30th, 2021 and December 31st, 2020 if there is a no deal.