Cultivating Community Farming - Applications now open
The programme of support will offer networking, mentoring, skills development and capacity building. Working with 10 early-stage community farming projects, the CCF project will contribute to a flourishing community farming sector in NI, at a time when both the COVID-19 pandemic and climate change have highlighted the importance of community access to and involvement with food, farming and nature.
The main goal of the CCF project is to accelerate the growth and capacity of community farming projects in Northern Ireland.
Objectives of the support programme:
- Improve understanding of community farming, exploring business models and key aspects of running a community farming project;
- Define the identity of your community farming project, develop action plans tailored to your needs and access one-to-one support from Jonny Hanson, Tiziana O’Hara and other organisations;
- Capacity building via workshops and skill-share sessions related to farming, community development, enterprises and site visits to similar projects across the region;
- Increase connections with other like-minded groups and opportunities for collaborative working;
- Measure social, economic and environmental impacts to help you communicate the value of your community farming project (year 2);
- Access seed funding to the value of £2,500 for each selected project.
If you think you can benefit from this programme, please request an application form form [email protected] as soon as possible.
Deadline for completed applications is on the 7th March 2022 by 12.00pm.
Unit 40a - North City Business Centre