Applications open for One Young World Heritage Fund Scholarships
Over four days of networking activities, delegates will be counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders.
Guest speakers include:
- musician and activist Sir Bob Geldof
- former President of the Republic of Ireland Mary Robinson
- Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Professor Muhammad Yunus
- British-Iranian journalist and author Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe
This year's themes will include mental health, education, the climate emergency and food crisis. To mark the 25th anniversary of the signing of the Good Friday Agreement, the summit will also consider the challenges of peace and reconciliation, and ask: ‘What’s next for young people in Northern Ireland?’
The Heritage Fund awarded £56,550 to fund the scholarships. Successful delegates will leave the summit as One Young World ambassadors, equipped with valuable skills, knowledge and motivation to apply to their work in Northern Ireland.
As well as the opening and closing ceremonies, the social programme includes an evening in Belfast’s Cathedral Quarter and a Community Dine Around in culture and heritage venues across the city.
The scholarships are open to individuals aged 18–30, living in Northern Ireland.
Margaret Henry, The National Lottery Heritage Fund’s Head of Engagement in Northern Ireland, said: “Securing a One Young World Scholarship is an unmissable opportunity to meet and share ideas with young people from around the world. It gives access to globally influential people and is a powerful forum for social impact.
"By tackling some of the real issues facing us today, delegates will collectively contribute to positive change in Northern Ireland.”
What’s included in the scholarship
Successful applicants will receive:
- full access to the 2023 summit including its opening and closing ceremonies
- hotel accommodation in Belfast
- catering throughout the event
- travel to and from Belfast and reasonable expenses
- lifetime membership of the One Young World Ambassador community
How to apply
For more information and to apply, visit the One Young World website. Applications close on Wednesday 20 September.