Volunteer Car Drivers: Rural areas of Omagh, Strabane and Foyle
The volunteer driver role is essential to the delivery of our Rural Links to Health and Wellbeing Project.
We are seeking volunteer drivers in the rural areas of Omagh, Strabane and Foyle to volunteer within their own community.
What will I be doing?
- Providing a safe, comfortable and reliable travelling experience for those using our service
- Interacting with service users ensuring travel information is communicated effectively
- Volunteering in line with policy and procedures
Is this role for me?
- You will need a full UK driving licence and must be able to provide proof of vehicle insurance and safety checks
The role may be suitable for you if
- You enjoy driving and talking to people
- Would like to get paid expenses (expenses reimburesd at 45 pence per mile while retaining benefits)
- Would enjoy availing of free training and gain new skills
- Have good listening and verbal communication skills
- Are punctual and reliable
- Recognise the importance of confidentiality and can show this in practice
If you would like to find out more or would like to apply for this volunteering role please contact the Easilink Omagh office on 028 82248140 / Strabane 028 7188 3282 or alternatively email [email protected]
29B Gortrush Industrial Estate