Staying Sharp Volunteer - Ballymena. NEW ROLE!
'Staying Sharp’ is a project providing support to older people with mild cognitive impairments (MCI) in Ballymena and the surrounding area. The aim of this project is to support healthy lifestyle choices to reduce the risk of developing dementia by providing more information and developing a person centred approach designed around individual needs. ‘Staying Sharp’ aims to increase confidence, reduce isolation and loneliness and provide a wider support network.
What will you be doing?
- You will be matched with a local older person and will liaise directly with them to arrange meetings/visits
- Assist with service user led activities. It could be a game of golf, a trip to the hairdressers, a coffee and bun out or even just meeting them in their home!
- Aim to reduce loneliness and isolation
- Signpost to community supports
- Build confidence
- Report back to the MCI Advisor