Social Worker - Coleraine
Positive Futures is the leading charity for people with a learning disability, acquired brain injury or autistic spectrum condition and their families.
- Do you believe that people with disabilities have the same rights and choices as everybody else?
- Are you caring, kind, compassionate and patient?
- Would you like to help people achieve their dreams?
We are establishing a new children’s residential service. The young person availing of the service will be supported in his own home in the Mountsandel area of Coleraine.
We would particularly encourage applications from males*
18.75 hours per week
£27,772 to £33,176 FTE
Starting point on the scale will be dependent upon relevant experience. A Sleep-in Allowance is payable where applicable.
* Gender in this vacancy is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with Article 10(2)(b)(i) of the Sex Discrimination (NI) Order 1976 (as amended).
Essential (Social Worker)
- Diploma in Social Work or Post graduate Diploma in Social Work, or equivalent.
- Experience in the area of learning disability, autism or mental health
- Current NISCC registration
- A full driving licence. Consideration will be given to those applicants unable to drive due to a disability.
Positive Futures reserves the right to enhance the shortlisting criteria.
If you can give us a commitment to put the people we support first, we can give you
- Social Worker £27,772 to £33,176 FTE;
- Holiday allowance up to 33 days per year
- 4% pension contribution (for eligible staff)
- Employee discount card
- Loyalty benefits*
- Generous sickness and maternity pay
*contracted staff only
Apply online: www.positive-futures.net before midnight on 27 September 2020.
Registered with The Charity Commission for Northern Ireland (NIC101385)
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Positive Futures operates a Smoke Free workplace.