Self Employed Counsellor
Post Self Employed Counsellor
Accountable to Operations Manager
Location Out-reach (Province wide with the option to be based from home. There may be occasional requirement to visit Nexus NI HQ in Belfast).
Hours variable - to be discussed at interview
Rate of Pay £30 per session
Notice 1 month
Self Employed Counsellor Role Description and Personal Specification
NEXUS NI works within BACP Codes of Ethics and requires staff to adhere to these.
- Assess potential clients as to their suitability for counselling using the assessment process
- Provide counselling, including group counselling. for individuals who have experienced sexual abuse.
- Provide face to face or telephone counselling support and information as required
- Be familiar with available and relevant statutory, voluntary and private sector services and contribute to a databank of such information
- Contribute to the development and delivery of internal and external training programmes/workshops & awareness raising
- Keep professional records of all client contact and attend clinical supervision and line management in line with company policy
- Be prepared to undergo further training as required and keep updated with developments in professional practice
- Actively pursue personal development and growth as a counsellor
- Be familiar with and work according to the Nexus NI policies, procedures and practices
- Adhere to all Health and Safety guidance relating to Covid-19.
Any other relevant duties after consultation with the line manager
The successful applicant will be required to have the following experience, qualifications and personal skills.
- Minimum Level 5 Diploma in counselling or its equivalent
- Minimum one-year supervised clinical practice in a face to face setting
- Good working knowledge of issues related to sexual abuse
- Ability to use initiative while working individually or as part of a team
- Experience of working with mental health issues
- Awareness of importance of personal wellbeing
- Have access to a form of transport, which will permit them to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- An ability to recognise and appropriately deal with risk
- Computer literacy
- Accreditation with NCS, BACP or ICAP (or working on accreditation for submission within 6 months)
- Ability to counsel through a range of mediums
- Experienced in facilitating groups
- Experience working in the voluntary sector
Must have Professional indemnity insurance for up £2-3 Million.
Must supply own PPE equipment for self and clients
Application by Nexus NI application form only. CV’s not accepted
Closing date for applications will be 12 Noon Monday 12th October 2020
119 University Street