Production Coordinator (Learning & Community Engagement activities)
The Production Coordinator is an essential member of the Artistic Planning and Operations Department, line-managed by the Production Manager and working alongside the LCE Director, LCE Programme Manager, and Player Animateur in all matters relating to the remit of the LCE function. This includes coordination of specific projects and events, rigorous record keeping, processing information for payroll and liaison with musicians and external partners. He/she will also be required to provide support for the wider Artistic Planning and Operations team. The position is based on a forty-hour working week, but will involve weekend and evening work, and travel as required across Northern Ireland.
The Learning and Community Engagement (LCE) programme is a key strategic activity within the organisation. It aims to build on the Orchestra’s successful education and outreach activity over the past 30 years while developing new strategic partnerships to enrich the lives of people of all ages from all communities across Northern Ireland.
Planning and development:
- To work proactively with the Production Manager and the other Production Coordinator to ensure that all the necessary detail for the orchestra’s activities is secured in good time
- To work proactively with the LCE Director in the development, implementation and monitoring of the LCE 3 Year Plan and Business Plan objectives
- Ensure that LCE activity is planned and implemented in accordance with the relevant contract guidelines and policy requirements
- Provide operational, logistical and administrative support across the LCE function, and others as directed by the Production Manager
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with external partners
- Conduct regular site visits and work at events across Northern Ireland as required.
Defined Projects & Fundraising:
- Coordinate specific LCE events and projects and manage bookings
- Work cross departmentally as required to support fundraising proposals
Operations and Finance:
- Arrange, agree the Agenda, and note-take for all internal Artistic Planning and Operations team meetings, in particular the Concerts and Operations weekly meetings
- Liaise with colleagues within the Marketing and Artistic Planning & Operations departments to ensure that LCE activity is promoted and scheduled appropriately
- Work within defined budgets in collaboration with the LCE Director and Finance Department
- Complete and monitor all relevant paperwork (contract agreements, evaluation, policies, risk assessments)
- Assisting with the maintenance of the department’s administrative systems and processes, including the ongoing development of the orchestral management software system
- Work both on own initiative and under direction, being punctual and reliable
- Act as an ambassador for the organisation at all times
- Any other duties as may be required
- Tertiary qualification in music or a related subject OR one year’s experience (voluntary or paid) within the community/education sector
- Project and event management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organisational and problem-solving skills, and a positive attitude to work
- Ability to work to deadlines, managing conflicting priorities
- Ability to work in a small team of people as well as independently
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working within the arts sector
- Budget management experience
Desirable criteria will be used in the event of shortlisting.
How to apply:
Please complete the application form and e-mail your application form and monitoring form to Auveen Sands at [email protected]. The closing date is Friday 18 October at noon. Interviews will be held the week beginning Monday 28th October.
9 Gloucester Street