Macmillan Community Information Volunteer - Western HSC Trust
We are looking for volunteers to help in the following locations:
Omagh, Newtownstewart, Fintona, Limavady, Dungiven, Lisnaskea, Enniskillen and Irvinestown.
Together you can help us ensure people with cancer in NI can life live as fully as they can.
• Visit Macmillan information points, carry out stock takes, and provide support with ordering replacement information
• Signpost to the appropriate information and resources
• Support the Information & Support Manager to identify and plan a programme of community activities where Macmillan information events can be hosted
• Develop opportunities to raise awareness of Macmillan’s work using your existing community contacts and developing new ones
• Run stands at community events including supporting set up, giving information, and monitoring and evaluation.
What will I get out of it?
• Join an enthusiastic team of people who want to make a difference, just like you
• Meet and work with new people in your community
• Use and develop your organisational and communication skills
• Enjoy a rewarding experience making a difference to people affected by cancer in your community
• Receive an induction, relevant training and agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed within our guidelines.
Preferred qualities and skills
• Excellent listener and clear communicator
• Patient, flexible and reliable • Good IT and administrative skills
• Able to work independently with guidance and support
• Interested in cancer care and the services that Macmillan provides.
How much time should I give? This is a flexible volunteer role for which we’d suggest five hours per month, or more if you have the time.
Apply today by completing an online application form. Then we’ll contact you to discuss your application and the role in more detail, and answer any questions
Volunteering Services Manager
Macmillan Cancer Support, 5A Stirling House, Castlereagh Business Park