Gardener - Portbraddan Cottage
Portbraddan Holiday Cottage Garden is nestled next to the stunning White Park Bay
By getting involved, you could…
- Shape and create a beautiful secret garden for the holiday guests and for you to enjoy on your visits
- Meet holiday guests from all over the world who may be present on your visit
- Keep fit & healthy
- Use your gardening know-how, and learn more
- Pruning, weeding, planting, transplanting, landscaping & taking breaks to enjoy and explore the beautiful location.
- You are important in making sure things run as smoothly and safely as possible – this includes an induction in using tools, including health and safety and evacuation procedures of the cottage.
This role will suit you if you are…
- Comfortable and motivated to work alone and in groups with other volunteers.
- Happy to work outside in all weathers.
- Happy to be a friendly face to the holiday guests who may be present on your visit.
- Interested in gardening, the great outdoors & wildlife (Seals, seabirds and sometimes dolphins can be seen).
- Excited to share in the creative process of developing and shaping a large garden with many possibilities.
- Reasonably fit and able to tend to a garden, as you’ll be on your feet, bending and stretching during the day
- We’ll help you get to know Portbraddan cottage, how you can help and how you will work with the rest of the team – with induction and training.
- We provide equipment & protective clothing to help you do this role well and safely.
- Reimbursement of out-of-pocket travel costs between home and volunteering location (up to 40 miles per day) in accordance with National Trust policy and agreed with the National Trust manager.
Rhonda Dempsie, Volunteering Assistant, North Coast
26 Portbraddan Road
It would be great if you could volunteer at least once a fortnight and are free on Fridays, initially, but this is flexible!