Family Mentor - Mid Ulster (Maternity Cover)
Working in partnership with the Career Mentor, providing a holistic support package, addressing the health, social and employability needs of participants (and their families). The Family Mentor will report directly to CFSP regional co-ordinator.
Family Mentor – Essential Criteria - See attached Job description for full details.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work directly with participants and their families (often as lone-worker, in their homes and/or community)
- Carry out detailed holistic assessments of the needs/issues affecting individual participants and their families
- Create, agree and implement a Health & Social support plan outlining proposed interventions
- Provide 1-to-1 support and interventions with health & social issues as well as education, employment & training needs
- Effectively manage a caseload of participants providing professional advice to them and their families
- Be a reliable and professional advocate for participants, signposting to specialist support services, as/when required
- Work in conjunction with CFSP Career Mentors and Progression Officer to ensure that optimal outcomes are achieved
- Carry out dynamic risk assessments, taking actions to manage risk (in conjunction with CFSP Co-ordinator)
- Continuously market and promote the CFSP to ensure recruitment of participants to meet DfE/ESF targets
- Participate in case reviews and team meetings -contributing to the achievement of the programme/company objective
- Undertake ongoing evaluation of outcomes and impacts
- Deliver/facilitate programmes / workshops based on identified need to groups/families (eg parenting, resilience, online safety)
- Adhere to and uphold Network Personnel’s Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and values at all times.
To express your interest in this role, please complete and forward the Applicant Declaration form, demonstrating your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria, together with your C.V. (in word format only)
Candidates must demonstrate that they have met the essential criteria within each area. Incomplete applications shall not be accepted and failure to demonstrate meeting the essential criteria will result in the application being unsuccessful at the shortlisting stage.
Network Personnel, 80-82 Rainey Street,
Closing date for Applications is 12pm on Friday 24th January 2020