Community Capacity Worker (Holyland Area)
To build the capacity of local residents and community to identify and address community need in the Holyland area. A key focus will be on developing the use of existing community assets, both physical and social, to build capacity and increase delivery of programmes and events. The post holder will engage and support local people to identify need and to develop programmes and initiatives to address these. The worker will also build relationships which enable residents, tenants, groups, associations and businesses in the Holyland area to develop their capacity to engage with the Belfast Agenda, Local Development Plan and the Making Life Better strategy. The successful applicant will be based between the offices of Forward South Partnership and then Holyland as regular outreach is a key facet of the post.
- Map the needs of the residents and stakeholders in the Holyland area
- Develop relationships and work in partnership with community and statutory stakeholders.
- Coordinate and deliver community capacity building programmes to support local people to identify and address their needs.
- Manage the project budget and report on the funding for activities related to the community development project.
- Work closely with facilitators in co-designing, planning & coordinating sessions with participants
- Organize and deliver Good Relations/Community Cohesion/Community Sporting events and activity days (outdoors as necessary)
- Organize relevant training for stakeholders and local people
- Facilitate monthly participant/partner capacity building and networking sessions.
- Commission and oversee the development of a communications plan for the Holyland area.
- Drive and deliver the media strategy through regular communications with the community and partners using social media platforms and including a newsletter.
Staff are currently working remotely, therefore interviews will be held on Zoom.
23 University Street