Communications and Administrative Officer- Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning
The Centre for Global Education (CGE) is a development non-governmental organisation (NGO) which provides education services that enhance awareness at a local level of international development issues. The Centre was given the remit of promoting development education, which is a participative and experiential form of learning designed to engender new skills, values, attitudes and knowledge that enable us to understand the factors that underpin poverty and injustice around the world.
The British Council and Department for International Development are co-funding the Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL) programme (the “Programme”) from 2018 to 2021 to provide opportunities for pupils in Northern Ireland and in the global South to learn about and take action on global issues. Teachers can participate in CPD training to support their global learning practice and schools can apply for grants to support international school partnership projects. The Centre for Global Education has been contracted by the British Council to manage delivery of CCGL in Northern Ireland.
The post is 28 hours part-time (FTE 0.8) with a fixed-term contract until 30th June 2021. The post-holder will be located in the Centre for Global Education and may require travel to schools or events on occasion.
The Centre for Global Education aims to be an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants irrespective of their sex, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, ethnic origin or disability.
A minimum of 3 years’ experience of/in:
- implementing an effective communications strategy with multiple inputs including time bound projects with targets and tight deadlines.
- website and social media management
- direct and digital marketing, including the creation and dissemination of e-newsletters.
- writing editorial copy for both digital and print use.
- stakeholder engagement.
- database management including the use of Microsoft Excel for the creation and management of databases.
- A Third Level qualification in a relevant discipline e.g. education, communications and marketing or project/business management.
- The ability to create and maintain effective information storage systems.
- The ability to develop, implement and monitor communications strategies incorporating multiple channels.
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access.
- Excellent time management, administrative and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively with other members of a team where necessary.
The application pack is available on the Centre for Global Education’s web site at www.centreforglobaleducation.com/jobs
Your application should be received by e-mail along with the completed monitoring form by 10am on Monday 14th January 2019. E-mail your application to: [email protected].
The Selection Panel reserves the right to enhance the criteria in order to facilitate a manageable shortlist.
If you have any queries please contact Orla Devine
9 University Street