Job | Part Time
Childcare Assistant Permanent
£8.90 per hour
Responsible to: Childcare Supervisor/Childcare Manager Salary: £8.90 per hour Hours: 16 hour post between the hours of 1pm and 6pm Duration: Permanent Pension: 7% employer contribution and 1% minimum employee contribution
- Ensuring a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual education and care for children placed in the day-care centre.
- To ensure the protection, safety and well being of children at all times.
- To give support to other personnel within the day-care centre.
- To implement the daily routine in the children’s playroom.
- Prepare and fully set out the playroom before the children arrive and tidy it up after the children leave.
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children attending the day-care centre in conjunction with other staff.
- Carry out observations and record assessment of individual children as directed by management
- Work alongside parents/carers of special needs children to give full integration in the day-care centre.
- To contribute to the creation, maintenance and improvement of a child centred environment,
- To integrate with other staff including management, in order to ensure a team working environment.
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings and assist in curriculum planning.
- Undertake certain domestic jobs within the day-care centre, e.g. preparation of snacks, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff, which is learnt as part of the job.
- Undertake any relevant training as considered necessary by management ,(training may take place outside of normal working hours)
- Undertake any other duties, which may be required from time to time.
- To ensure you work within the Mission, Vision and Values of Ashton Community Trust.
- Previous experience of caring for children
- Ability to work as part of a team
- A flexible approach to working hours and location
Friday / 05 March 2021 12:00pm
McSweeney Centre, 23 Henry Place