CB1 Worker for the Matchbox Youth Club
PERSON SPECIFICATION - QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The following criterions will be applied at shortlisting and applicants must have the following by the closing date
Qualifications – Be a qualified Youth Worker, in accordance with the JNC Report for Youth Workers, Paragraph 5.
- A minimum of 2 year’s post qualifying experience of working as a Youth Worker which must include a minimum of 6 month’s experience of managing Youth Workers in a Youth Centre or Youth Project.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in managing a club or project budget and reporting in line with agreed youth work outcomes.
- Knowledge of the NI Youth Work Curriculum
- Knowledge of policies that ensure relevant safe practice
- Knowledge of issues affecting young people particularly in relation to personal and social development
- Knowledge of Child Protection regulations
- Knowledge of people management issues
- Knowledge of financial codes of conduct.
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Administrative skills
- ICT skills
- Ability to embed a Quality Assurance process
- Skill to develop a local Assessment of Need
- Facilitation skills.
- Ability to use own initiative
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Ability to make decisions
- Ability to motivate others
- Commitment to undertaking job related training as and when required.
- Supporting staff development and progression
- Please note the content of this job description is subject to change