The Cedar foundation deliver a range of services that enable people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities. Our services are centred around the individual needs of each person and are delivered throughout Northern Ireland.
Cedar is working in partnership with Choice Housing & Radius to provide Supported Living Service to adults over the age of 18 with a learning disability at a range of sites including bungalows and apartments across West Belfast with West Belfast Living Options. The extent of support provided ranges from 1hr to 24 hrs per day, with support and guidance in all daily living tasks including, personal care, leisure and social skills and household management.
Due to rapid continual growth and development, an opportunity has arisen for Bank Support Workers to join our team. This is a great opportunity to enhance your experience and expand your knowledge of social care work. Work shifts that suit your life.
The Bank Support Worker is part of the team whose purpose is to meet the practical, physical and emotional needs of individuals in receipt of services within the Cedar Foundation Living Options.
Through a key worker system, they will also have involvement in the delivery of individual support plans
Hours: Casual Contract: Permanent
Location: West Belfast Hourly Rate: £8.81ph
- Numeracy & literacy (English language) skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience of providing physical care / support for individuals
- Available to work shifts as and when required
- Registered or agreeable to applying for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council
- Annual leave based on 20 days statutory entitlement, plus 8 bank holidays – based on accrual paid in arrears per quarter
- Statutory sick pay, if applicable.
- Auto enrolment into enhanced pension scheme if applicable.
- Investor in People Champion with commitment to development of the staff team through training and learning opportunities
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Successful candidates will be appointed following satisfactory Access NI and other pre-employment checks. This Post is subject to an Enhanced Access NI check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from working with The Cedar Foundation. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences or other information contained on a disclosure certificate.