Assistant Youth Support Worker - Extended Provision.
Salary scale: £4,837.82 per annum (£8.09 per hour) x 12 hours per week.
Work will be carried out at weekends.
Qualifications and Experience Applicants must possess either:
- Youth Service Youth Support Worker Qualification;
- OCN Level 3 Introduction to Youth Work and Programme Development,;
- an equivalent Youth Work Qualification
Child Protection training completed within the last 2 years.
Candidates should also have one year’s experience working with young people in a youth work setting.
Applicants must provide evidence, in application and at interview, of a recent intervention designed to address specific needs of young people. Applicants must have access to transport in order to fulfil the requirements of the post.
The full list of essential criteria for knowledge, skills and personal skills will be included in the Application Pack.
The Selection Panel reserves the right to enhance the criteria in order to facilitate a manageable shortlist.
Please note: the onus is on candidates to provide sufficient detailed information on the application forms in order to demonstrate how they meet each of the criteria. Failure to do so may result in a candidate not being shortlisted. Selection panels cannot make assumptions in the absence of essential information.
Job Title: Assistant Youth Support Worker Ballymagroarty Youth Club
Location: 2 Dunluce Court, Derry, BT48 0PA
Responsible to: BHCP Board of Directors
Reports to: Youth Leader in Charge
Duration: Until 31st March 2019
Probation: 6 months
Job Summary: The development and delivery of the agreed programme, the management of appropriate staff/volunteers and the implementation of Education Authority policies.
Job Purpose: To work directly with young people to develop their social, emotional, physical and educational needs. This post is for workers that have operational responsibility for a local outreach project. The post holder will be line managed by BHCP, providing strategic leadership and operational guidance. The post may involve the development of youth work across a range of settings
Main duties and responsibilities
- To identify, prioritise and deliver a programme of youth work activities based on need in the designated area, related to the ‘Model for Effective Practice’.
- Ensure that young people play an active role in the project and work towards a model of youth participation.
- Provide information and support to young people to assist them to express and realise their goals and to work effectively in groups.
- Challenge oppressive behaviour in young people.
- Encourage young people to broaden their horizons and be active citizens.
- Support young people in their understanding of risk and challenge and in taking action to address key issues in their lives.
- Implement the organisation’s Child Protection Policy and work with young people to safeguard their welfare and the welfare of others.
- To carry out such duties, as may be assigned by the Leader in Charge
This job description is not intended to be prescriptive but is intended merely to give a general outline of the responsibilities of the post. Whilst this job description does not form part of your contract of employment, you will be consulted on any significant changes in your duties and responsibilities.