Job | Part Time
Assistant Youth Support Worker
JNC Points 2 – 7 (£8.4208 - £9.9279 per hour)
To work directly with young people to develop their personal and social education and creative skills by providing a range of social and developmental programmes
- Assist with the planning and implementation of programmes, related to the ‘Model For Effective Practice’;
- Ensure that young people play an active role in the youth group and work towards a model of youth participation;
- Communicate effectively and develop a rapport with young people;
- Assist in the development of relationships with the wider community and external agencies;
- Assist young people to express and realise their goals;
- Challenge oppressive behaviour in young people;
- Provide information and support to young people;
- Support young people in evaluating youth work activities and the impact of youth work on their development;
- Implement the unit’s Child Protection Policy and work with young people to safeguard their welfare and the welfare of others;
- Assist with administrative duties within the unit.
- You may be required to transport vulnerable adults to hospital or various appointments where required unsupervised.
Friday / 30 October 2020 12:00pm