ASSISTANT PRIEST in the DIOCESE OF DERRY and CHAPLAINCY to the SYRO-MALABAR CATHOLIC FAITHFUL
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with pastoral care and celebration of all the sacraments.
- Leading Syro-Malabar worship and services regularly and on special occasions. It includes preaching the Word of God, introducing parishioners to various forms of prayer as well as administrative duties for the Syro-Malabar Catholic Faithful.
- Providing religious education for children, young people and adults – both men and women.
- Preparation for the Sacraments especially the Sacraments of Initiation and Confession.
- Preparing and leading at marriages, funerals and other special services.
- Providing spiritual retreats, spiritual sharing and support to the members of the Syro-Malabar Church.
- Syro-Malabar Catholic Priest in good standing with their Church Authority, and with their Church Authority’s permission to make application.
- Experience in parish ministry, preaching, administration and leadership.
- Multi linguistic skills – fluent written and oral communication skills in both English and Malayalam languages.
The terms of this appointment are available upon request from the Derry Diocesan Office by emailing: [email protected]
If interested in making application for this post please submit your CV to: [email protected]