ABBEY Sure Start is a dynamic, voluntary and statutory sector partnership funded by the Department of Education through the Northern Childcare Partnership Board to provide a range of services to families with children aged 0- under 4. The support services we offer are designed to encourage children to reach their social, emotional, physical and intellectual potential. To help us deliver our support programmes we are recruiting the following positions.
Are you an enthusiastic and committed Early Years Practitioner with a passion for ensuring that children receive high quality and child-centred learning opportunities?
Do you want the opportunity to develop and progress your skills and knowledge?
Do you want to be part of a forward thinking organisation?
If so then apply for the following post currently available at ABBEY Sure Start.
Crèche Worker - Programme for 2-3 Year Olds ref: 2YOP/J20
(30 hours per week/52 weeks per year, salary currently under review)
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: Monday 17th of February 2020 by 12pm.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 19th of February 2020
For an application form, please download from this website or email quoting the appropriate reference number to:
Office Manager, ABBEY Sure Start, 440 Shore Road, Newtownabbey, BT37 9RU. Email: [email protected]
(Please state if you would like application emailed or posted in any correspondence)
We do not accept CVs.
A.B.B.E.Y Sure Start is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications irrespective of gender, age, status, religion, race or disability.
ABBEY Sure Start
Crèche Worker Programme for 2-3 Year Olds 2YOP/J20
Post: Crèche Worker Programme for 2-3 Year Olds
Hours: 30hrs per week (52 Weeks/annum)
Hourly Rate: Currently under review
Responsible to: Project Manager
Reporting to: Developmental Programme Manager
The appointed person will work with the Developmental Programme Manager to implement a service that meets the needs of families, in the Abbey Sure Start area.
The crèche worker will be based in our developmental programme for 2 year olds. The programme has a focus on constructive play in group settings to enhance children’s social development, build on their communication and language skills and encourage their imagination through play.
- To contribute to creating a safe and stimulating environment that provides a wide range of age appropriate activities to enable children to reach their full potential.
- To encourage parents to engage positively during play sessions
- To prepare activities and ensure play area is clean and set up prior to session and tidied and cleaned at end.
- To keep up to date with legislation and good practice in relation to Child Protection and to adhere to Abbey Sure Starts Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
- Respect confidentiality at all times and uphold the ethos and core values of Abbey Sure Start.
- To show in all areas of work, a commitment to implementing Abbey Sure Starts Equal Opportunity Policy.
- To participate in training opportunities and meetings as directed by line manager.
- To participate positively to the supervision and appraisal process.
- To respond flexibly to the needs of the service and carry out any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by the Line Manager.
- To ensure that Health and Safety Policies are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To participate in team planning meetings.
- To ensure that the developmental needs of children are met.
- To fulfil the role of keyworker including recording observations.
Please note that the Abbey Sure Start operates a “No Smoking Policy” and all employees must comply with this.
Abbey Sure Start is an Equal Opportunities employer. It is expected that all employees adhere to Abbey Sure Start Equal Opportunities policy throughout the duration of your employment.
The duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description are not meant to be definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs. It should be noted therefore that duties, designation and location of the post might be subject to change in the future to meet the changing requirements of the service
Crèche Worker Person Specification
Programme for 2 year olds
Qualifications and experience
- QCF 3 in Childcare or equivalent relevant qualification
- 12 months experience in an Early Years setting, preferably with children aged 0-4 within the last 5 years.
- Knowledge and understanding of how children learn and develop
- To be aware and responsive to the importance of play within children’s lives
- To have an awareness and understanding of issues that parents may experience
- To have an understanding and commitment to the implementation of an equal opportunities policy
- To be aware of the need for confidentiality in all aspects of the post
- Experience of working independently and as part of a team in an Early Years setting
- To be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Awareness of health and safety requirements
- To be aware of and understand Child Protection guidelines
- To be aware of and have an understanding of the ethos of ABBEY Sure Start.
Abilities and Personal attributes
- The ability to respond positively and appropriately to the needs of children you are supporting
- The ability to contribute to the provision of a creative and stimulating play environment using a variety of resources
- To promote an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- The ability to relate to parents and be respectful and responsive to their needs.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with other staff and service users
- The ability to contribute effectively to planning and the organisation of activities
- To have good communication skills
- First Aid and basic food hygiene certificates
- Experience of working with children aged 0 – 4 years
- Child protection training.
Normal Working Days Monday-Thursday
ABBEY Sure Start
Give us a like on facebook www.facebook.com/surestartabbey
440 SHORE ROAD