Providing family support to clients and their carers and virtual self management toolsNI Chest Heart & Stroke
Across Northern Ireland
Type of support for people
- Emotional or social support (e.g. befriending)
- Information and advice
Help offered for organisations
- Care staff or trained volunteers
- Discharge support
- Information and advice
- Northern Ireland Chest Heart and Stroke (NICHS) is continuing to provide Family Support to anyone affected by a respiratory or cardiac condition or anyone who has had a stroke. We are also able to provide this same emotional support to anyone caring for someone who has been affected by a chest, heart or stroke condition. As always we are able to provide information in order to understand your health condition better, information and support in managing your long term health condition and to support your emotional well being and we are also able to signpost you on to other support networks (where appropriate).
- During the Covid-19 Pandemic we are working hard to redesign our support services. Currently we are not able to provide face to face support as we used to and our groups are suspended until further notice from the government. Instead our care services team is able to provide the same high quality family support over the telephone. We have contacted all our known service users via phone and will be continuing to provide emotional support, advice and guidance via a weekly phone call for the duration of the COVID-19 crisis. We are also still taking new referrals. If you are affected by a chest, heart or stroke condition or become diagnosed during this time, please contact us for support. Similarly if you find yourself in a caring role during this time, contact us for support.
- We are also working to rapidly re-design our services to find new ways of getting our help to people with chest, heart and stroke conditions and their carers, to support their ongoing rehabilitation and self-management. Our teams are putting together video tutorials and resources to provide guidance and advice to help you keep healthy and well at this time. You can also keep an eye on our social media pages (Facebook / Instagram / Twitter / Linkedin) or our website where we will be posting all the new content our teams create.
For Further Information about our services you can check our website, facebook or twitter.
If you wish to speak to someone about accessing our support you can call 028 9032 0184 or email [email protected] and we will put you in touch with the support coordinator in your local area.
We have a dedicated Care Services team operating across the whole of Northern Ireland so no matter where you live you will be able to access our support.
NI Chest Heart & Stroke
Northern Ireland Chest Heart and Stroke
Operating in the following council areas:
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council
- Ards and North Down Borough Council
- Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council
- Belfast City Council
- Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
- Derry City and Strabane District Council
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
- Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Mid Ulster District Council
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council