CLARE - Supports to socially isolated older people through a combination of social work and volunteer support.CLARE CIC
166 Mount Vernon Park, Belfast BT15 4BJ
Type of support for people
- Emotional or social support (e.g. befriending)
- Food / grocery / prescription delivery
- Information and advice
Help offered for organisations
- Care staff or trained volunteers
- Transportation / vehicles
- Information and advice
- Counselling / bereavement support
CLARE is a community based voluntary organisation that supports isolated older people in 'normal' times.
In the current circumstances we are
- Providing emotional and psychological support
- CLARE's phones have not stopped ringing over the past few weeks with older people genuinely concerned not just about Coronavirus but also of the thought of prolonged isolation. Our social workers, staff and volunteers will continue to provide phone contact to those people who require it for the foreseeable future. Mental health issues are inevitably going to be a consequence of this current crisis and we aim to provide emotional and psychological support as well as a providing a good listening ear. Providing practical support
- 2 members of staff and a cohort of volunteers are able to provide essential shopping to some clients who need it at the minute. They are doing this within current contact precaution advice and with safety in mind. This includes assisting with collection of medications. We are also working with other organisations in North Belfast to identify those older people most in need of hot food delivery and have redirected volunteers to assist with the daily delivery of this food. Referral onto other organisations and resources
- CLARE’s combination of a social work and community combined approach has been really beneficial in making sure that people get access to the right response to their needs, whether this is via knowledge and navigation of the statutory system, or on the ground knowledge of what’s available at community level. We are providing advice, guidance and sign posting to older people who are contacting us.
If CLARE can't help we will direct you to someone who can in your local area.
Our phone lines are open Mon-Fri from 9am-5pm offering practical responses, emotional and psychological support as well as extending a much needed listening ear.
Please phone us on Tel: 028 9077 4185, Email: [email protected] or look up our Facebook page Creative Local Actions, Responses and Engagements to contact us.
If we can’t help with your specific need we can get you in touch with someone who can.