Child BereavementBarnardo's NI
Across Northern Ireland
Help offered for organisations
- Counselling / bereavement support
We support children and young people and their families/ carers who have been bereaved, including those who have experienced traumatic and sudden death, through our advice line.
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed our traditional ways of marking our grief. Our rituals often provide comfort and can involve a wake, funeral, burial or cremation with a gathering or meal after the funeral and perhaps a month’s mind following. Our normal opportunities to share stories and memories of our loved one where we can laugh, cry and remember may not be possible. We can support ourselves and our children in different ways.
We have also produced a leaflet to help parents and carers talk to children about grieving at this time due to Covid 19.
Links to the leaflets:
Advice line Number: 07867 372711
Currently available on Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 10am-1pm.
Email: [email protected]
Operating in the following council areas:
- Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council
- Ards and North Down Borough Council
- Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council
- Belfast City Council
- Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council
- Derry City and Strabane District Council
- Fermanagh and Omagh District Council
- Lisburn and Castlereagh City Council
- Mid and East Antrim Borough Council
- Mid Ulster District Council
- Newry, Mourne and Down District Council