Understanding the State Pension
This course will teach learners the basics as well as more in-depth knowledge, making it appropriate for all. It will cover:
- The State Pension, Working Life, and National Insurance.
- How pensions work for couples, single people, and those who have experienced bereavement or divorce.
- Deferring Pensions and working beyond retirement age.
- Retirement planning, tax, savings and private pensions and how they interface with the State Pension
- How the transition between old and new pensions are managed
Who Should Attend
The course is suitable for advisers, anyone interested in personal retirement planning, financial advisers, HR staff, trade union representatives, lawyers and anyone working with older people
Pre-Learning Requirements - No pre-learning requirements
CPD - This course is worth 3 CPD hours under the Northern Ireland Advice Quality Standard
This is a CPD course to develop knowledge in the area of state pension. It links to The Money & Pension Service ‘Money Guidance Competency Framework’ and to a range of National Occupational Standards for Legal Advisers including:
- SFJIB19 - First line welfare rights legal advice
- SFJIB20- Provide specialist welfare rights legal advice
Advice NI Members - £55
Voluntary/Community - £65
Private - £85
Tue 9 August
Tue 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM BST
- Online via Zoom
- Advice services