Understanding Self-Harm and Supporting People with a Learning Disability (Frontline staff)
Association for Real Change NI
Trainer: Louise Hughes
The right care, at the right time in the right place with the best outcome.
The course is highly interactive and asks that learners bring their own professional experiences to the day and learners are encouraged to prepare some work in advance of the course, conducting a short service audit and analysing how they currently communicate with service users who self-harm.
By the end of the course the learners will:
- understand what is self-harm
- understand types of self-harm/self-injury
- explore reasons for self-harm
- explore responses to self-harm
- explore communication with people who self-harm
- explore identification and prevention
- explore self-management.
Cost ARC Members £85.00 | Non-Members £105.00
Location ARC NI Offices
- Health and wellbeing