Train the Trainer: Supporting Medication in Social Care Settings (2-Day) (Frontline staff, middle and senior managers)
Association for Real Change NI
November 2019 Session Fully Booked
Trainer: Suzanne McStravick
This course will be delivered in line with RQIA standards, specifically the standard relating to the management of medicines which states that ‘The management of medicines is in accordance with legislative requirements, professional standards and DHSSPS guidance’.
By the end of the course the learners will:
- understand the legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings
- understand roles and responsibilities in the use of medication is social care settings
- explore the common types of medication and their use
- understand techniques for administering medication
- know the process for receiving, storing and disposing of medication supplies safely
- know how to promote the rights of the individual and support use of medication
- know how to record and report on the use of medication.
Cost ARC Members £245.00 | Non-Members £375.00
Location ARC NI Offices
- Health and wellbeing