Supporting Medication in Social Care Settings (1 Day)
Association for Real Change NI
This course is aimed at frontline staff, middle and senior managers
Supporting Medication in Social Care settings addresses practical support for use of medication that reflects social care principles and values and includes the need for accurate recording and reporting. The course covers broad types, classifications and forms of medication, as well as safe handling and storage. This training meets the Knowledge learning outcomes of the QCF unit ‘HSC 3047 Support use of medication in Social Care’.
By the end of the course learners will:
- understand the legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings
- understand roles and responsibilities in the use of medication is social care settings
- explore the common types of medication and their use
- understand techniques for administering medication
- understand the process for receiving, storing and disposing of medication supplies safely
- know how to promote the rights of the individual and support use of medication
- know how to record and report on the use of medication.
Cost ARC Members £85.00 | Non-Members £105.00
Location ARC NI Offices
- Health and wellbeing