Stress Control (6 weeks)
Monkstown Village Initiatives
If you are currently suffering from stress, know someone who is or just want to be better equipped, then this is the course for you! Pre-registration is not essential but if you would like to express your interest or have any questions, use the email below.
- Stress control was devised by Dr Jim White in Glasgow and is now used widely around the world.
- The class runs once a week for 6 weeks and teaches skills and techniques for managing stress.
- Topics covered include: an overview of what stress is, controlling your body, controlling your thoughts, controlling your actions, getting a good night's sleep and planning for the future.
- Stress Control is a class not 'group therapy' - you do not have to talk about personal difficulties in front of others.
- You are encouraged to attend all 6 sessions to get the most benefit.
- Stress Control classes are free.
- Come along by yourself or feel free to bring a friend or family member.
Programme also running in: Ballyclare Town Hall from Tuesday 17th September, 7-8.30pm and Glengormley Integrated Primary School from Wednesday 18th September, 7-8.30pm.
- Health and wellbeing