Step Up For The Hospice Walk 2019
Northern Ireland Hospice
Sign up now for the 2019 Hospice Walk
Saturday 6th April, Saturday 13th April, Sunday 23rd June or Sunday 30th June.
THE 2019 HOSPICE WALKS ARE KINDLY SUPPORTED BY CREIGHTONS AND MAUDS ICE CREAMS.
There’s a lot of good reasons to join in the Hospice Walks
- Walking is a great way to keep fit.
- We are offering a choice of 7 scenic routes to enjoy plus a D.I.Y walk.
- Walking offers quality time for sharing with family and friends and your dog can join in too.
- Walking for Hospice is a great way to help others who are dependant on hospice care to help them cope with their illness.
Saturday 6th April
Carrickfergus (7 Miles) Starts at 10am
Start: Carrickfergus Castle BT38 7BG
Finish: The Windrose Restaurant, 5 Rodgers Quay, Carrickfergus BT38 8BE
(Sponsored by Mauds Ice Creams)
Colin Glen Forest Park (6 or 3 miles) Starts at 11am
Start and Finish: The visitor centre, Colin Glen Forest Park, Stewartstown Road, Belfast BT17 0HW
Join our little walkers on the Colin Glen Gruffalo Trail! Pick up your little walkers Gruffalo pack and enjoy seeing your favourite characters come to life with fascinating sculptures plotted along with the trail.
Saturday 13th April
North Down Coastal Path (5 or 8 miles) Starts at 10am
Start: Queens Hall Leisure Complex, Holywood BT19 1JT
Finish: (5 miles) Crawfordsburn Country Park BT19 1JT
Finish: (8 miles) Pickie Fun Park, Bangor BT20 5AG
(Sponsored by Mauds Bangor)
Larne Coastal Path (5 or 9 miles) Starts at 10am
Start and Finish: Larne Leisure Centre, Tower Road, Larne BT40 1AB
Lagan Tow Path (8 Miles) Starts at 10am
Start: Lagan Valley Civic Centre, Lisburn BT27 4RL
Finish: Belfast Activity Centre, Barnett’s Park, Belfast BT9 5PB
(Sponsored by Creightons)
Sunday 23rd June
Cuilcagh Boardwalk Trail (7.5 miles) Starts at 2pm
Start and Finish: Cuilcagh Boardwalk, Enniskillen BT92 1ER
Regrettably this walk is not open to under 12’s or dogs!
Sunday 30th June
Forget Me Not Walk (3 miles) Starts at 2pm
Walk in memory of your loved ones with our new Forget Me Not Walk
Start: Northern Ireland Children’s Hospice, Horizon House
Finish: Northern Ireland Hospice, Somerton House
If you can’t make it to any of the planned walks, why not plan your own ‘Do It Yourself Walk?’
Simply choose a date you are free and walk your favourite route. Then all that is left to do is to ask friends, family or colleagues to support you with a donation.
Adult Walk Registration: £5
Child (under 14’s): £1
D.I.Y Walk: FREE
In Memory Walk: FREE
How your support can help!
We kindly ask that participants try to raise as much sponsorship as possible.
Every pound you raise will help us care for those who need our support.
- £30 could pay for an hour of specialist community nursing in a patient’s home
- £113 could pay for a full morning of care at home by a specialist community nurse
- £220 could pay for a full day of vital physiotherapy support to patients at hospice
- £600 could pay for 24hrs of specialist care for adults in our In Patient Unit
- Children and families
- Health and wellbeing