Shaping Ourselves and Our Children (SOOC)
Rural Community Network
Shaping Ourselves and Our Children will help parents explore:
- Helping your child develop healthy self-esteem and confidence
- Emotional intelligence
- Managing challenging behaviour
- Communication skills – what parents say and what children hear
- Learning through play
- Respect for diversity and our changing communities
- The hopes and fears we have for our children and their future
Each course (via zoom) runs for 3 hours X 4 days ( Friday 9th, 16th 23rd and 30th July), under the guidance of warm, supportive and non-judgemental tutors (who are parents themselves and have faced the same challenges in raising their own children).
There is a childcare allowance for parents who need childcare (up to approx £100). On day four of the course, parents and children come together for an interactive play session. Childcare/babysitting allowance is available, if required.
- Children and families
- Young people