This interactive webinar is delivered over two consecutive sessions, each lasting 2.5 hours. Delegates will need to attend both sessions in order to complete the course. Modules one and two will be covered in session one, modules three and four will be covered in session two.
The course will be presented by one of our team of professional and experienced trainers and will include presentation slides, film clips and small group exercises to help delegates learn the content effectively. The session is delivered at a steady pace for those who are familiar with safeguarding terminology.
The course id delivered via 4 Modules:
1. Understanding the safeguarding task
- What is abuse and who are the perpetrators?
- Developments in safeguarding and emerging themes
- Developing a balanced approach to safeguarding
- Understanding your unique role and responsibilities
- Statutory definitions of abuse
2. Recruitment Processes
- Features of a safer recruitment process.
- Sending the right messages to potential applicants.
- The application form
- References and referees
- Selection criteria and short-listing
3. Making the right decision
- Selecting the right candidate and the possible costs of appointing someone who is unsuitable
- Selection tools
- Using structured interviews and interview questions
- Taking account of criminal record information
- Pre-employment checks
4. Developing Safer Cultures
- The need for ongoing awareness and vigilance
- Key features of a safer culture
- Managing allegations
- Next steps and developing your own action plan
Booking can be made at Safer Recruitment Webinar (thirtyoneeight.org)
- Community development
- Volunteer development