OCN LEVEL III COUNSELLING SKILLS (Endorsed Provision)
Derry Well Women
Cost: Fees applied to the course and payable on commencement are £150.00 for those employed and £100.00 concession for those in receipt of benefits.
This course offers participants the opportunity to learn about counselling/helping within a community/helping within a community setting. This is a daytime course beginning on October 19th 2021. It will run for 20 weeks x 5 hours and will be offered on a Tuesday from 10am to 3pm.
Taught from a Person Centred/Solution focused approach and on completion of the course students will have acquired:
- An understanding and appreciation of working at community level with domestic and personal problems.
- Knowledge regarding the issues that affect people in their day to day lives
- Knowledge of local helping resources, both statutory and voluntary.
- An understanding of a solution focused model of brief counselling.
- Knowledge of the major professional, ethical and legal issues associated with helping which will enable students to teach skills and strategies helpful to coping in the here and now.
- Community development
- Health and wellbeing