Mediation Theory & Practice - 9 day accredited training
Mediation Northern Ireland
Do you want to develop skills to help people with their disputes? Would you like to be more confident in how to respond to conflict?
By training with us in mediation you will gain an understanding of conflict and associated behaviour and learn to apply strategies to conflict situations. You will understand the role of the mediator in conflict, the objectives of the initial assessment and case development and develop skills for assessing conflict situations. The philosophical and ethical dimensions to conflict intervention are also covered. Finally, the process of mediation in a two-party dispute is taught along with extensive opportunities to practice the skills through in class role-plays.
Participants to this training will work towards achieving the following seven learning outcomes (full learning outcomes table follow):
- Understanding the anatomy of conflict
- Understanding the principles and practice of mediation
- Understanding how, when, why and where to use mediation
- Knowledge, understanding and practice of the 6 stage mediation model
- Practice of co-mediation
- Understanding of mediation referral and administration systems necessary tooffer a mediation service
- Community development
- Community relations